Thinkware Dash Cams now feature Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection to playback videos and alter the dash cam settings.
Compatible Dash Cams
- The Wi-Fi will time out and disconnect if inactive or the screen on your smartphone turns off.
- Ensure to disconnect from the dash cam's Wi-Fi before beginning to drive.
1. Turn on the vehicle's ignition to begin/start the dashcam in its Continuous Recording Mode.
*You must be inside the vehicle with the ignition on, to connect via Bluetooth & Wi-Fi.
2. Open the Thinkware Dash Cam Link App on your smartphone.
Select ① Dashcam Registration >② Select your Dashcam Model
3. Press and hold for more than 3 seconds the Communication Button or Wi-Fi Button on the Dashcam. Once the LED light indicator blinks fast and gives off a sound,
click the ③ Bluetooth Connection on the Thinkware Dash Cam Link app. You will see a message asking to allow Bluetooth Pairing, click ④ Pair to allow and proceed. Wait until you see the message ⑤ "Registration complete".
*Make sure to allow the Dashcam Link app to use Bluetooth by hitting "Pair"
4. Select the language of your dashcam then hit ⑥ "Next".
5. Select the correct time zone then hit ⑦ "Next".
6. Select the Region you're in then hit ⑧ "Done".
Good Job! Your dashcam is now connected via Bluetooth. You can now access the Dashcam's settings and info via the Thinkware Dash Cam Link App.
1. While your smartphone is connected to your Dashcam, click the ① "Live View" button (or any recorded files).
2. Your smartphone will change the connection from Bluetooth to Wi-Fi. Make sure to Hit ② "Continue".
3. When prompted by - "Connect to device?", Please hit ③ "Connect".
You are now connected via Wi-Fi for the Live View and Playback Feature!
1. Turn on the ignition of the vehicle. The dashcam will power on and will proceed to startup.
2. Open the Thinkware Dash Cam Link App on your phone. It will automatically identify your dashcam and will connect afterward. Or Select ① Connect to Dash Cam at the top-right corner. Wait for the connection to be established until it shows/tells that the "Dashcam is Connected".
You should now be connected to the Thinkware Dash Cam Link App via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi!
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection to the dashcam, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-844-865-9273.