The Thinkware Connected App gives you access to CONNECTED features like receiving impact notifications or monitoring remotely what’s happening around your vehicle via your smartphone on the U3000 Dash Cam.
*Process is optional and not required for the simple functionality of your Dash Cam. These steps will allow you to access Connected features.
Compatible Dash Cams
The U3000 Dash Cam must first be connected to the Thinkware Dash Cam Link App to connect to the Hotspot Device for Connected Features.
*The smartphone used to set up the Internet connection on the dash cam cannot also be used as a mobile hotspot for the dash cam. A different hotspot device/smartphone is required.
1. While connected via Wi-Fi to the Thinkware Dash Cam Link App, select the "① ⋯ symbol" to open the More Menu.
2. Select "② Network Service".
3. Select "③ Network Connection".
4. Select the "④ ➕" symbol in the top-right to add the Hotspot Device.
5. The Hotspot Device's Network will show in the available options.
Note: If your desired network is not visible, click on "⑤ Enter network directly" and follow the steps on the screen to input manually.
6. If the desired network is visible, click on the network name and enter the "⑥ Hotspot Device's SSID and Password" in the fields, then select "⑦ Connect" at the bottom of the screen.
7. You should see the Hotspot Device listed under "⑧ Current Network" with the status Connected.
The U3000 is now connected to the internet for Connected Features. The Dash Cams Connection LED will turn to blink orange. We will now register the dashcam to complete the setup process.
1. Within the Thinkware Connected App, create or login into your Thinkware account.
2. Enter your mobile phone number to set up Emergency Notifications.
3. After creating or logging in to an account. Select "③ Register dash cam"
4. Select "④ Register with barcode" and scan the barcode on the bottom of your dash cam.
5. You have two options to register the dashcam, by scanning the barcode or by entering the barcode manually.
5. Once the registration has been completed. You will hear "USIM Registration Requested, press the REC Button to proceed."
Press the REC Button on the dash cam once.
6. You will hear "Connected to the internet" and the LED will turn to solid orange. You will also see the message "⑤ Dashcam has been registered."
Your U3000 is now connected to the Internet and Registered successfully!
1. To set up the "Emergency Messages" function, go to the ⚙ settings menu in the top-right.
2. Enable the "Send emergency notifications" setting.
3. Select "Register your contact information"
Enter a name, and phone number (with Country Code), then select "Agree" and click on "Register".
4. The saved number will receive a text message asking for their consent to receive emergency and impact notifications.
To give permission, they will have to click on the link provided in the message and click on "Agree" and "Confirm".
Once permission is provided, you will be able to see all registered phone numbers under "Send Emergency Notifications".
You have successfully registered the contact for Emergency Messages!