If you are a new Thinkware Dash Cam owner, one of the first steps is registering your Dash Cam. The only Dash Cams that require an account to be made, and to be registered are the F800PRO, Q800PRO, and U1000.
All other Dash Cams do not require an account or registration. Ensure to keep your proof of purchase for warranty purposes.
1) Download the Thinkware Cloud App from the App Store. If you have the app installed on your mobile phone already, skip this step
2) Open the app -> click ① 3 dots at the right-bottom on the screen -> Click ② SIGN IN -> Click ③ THINKWARE Sign up
*Your password must be; 8 to 12 characters length / at least 1 letter and number / only allowed special characters (! @ # $ % ^ * ~)
**If you are using a telus.net domain, you will not be able to create an account. Please use an email with a common domain such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc
***If you do not receive the confirmation email, ensure to check your Junk/Spam mail folders.
4) Open Confirmation Email in your email inbox -> Click ⑫ CONFIRM ACCOUNT in Confirmation Email -> Put the ⑬ Email Address and Password that you used -> ⑭ Click SIGN IN -> ⑮ Confirm you're signed in on thinkware.com
5) Go back to Thinkware Cloud App -> Put the ⑯ Email Address and ⑰ Password -> Click ⑱ SIGN IN -> Click ⑲ Yes on Pop-up message (Would you like yo receive push notifications?) -> ⑳ Make sure to enable Push Notifications of features you would like to use
6) Now that you have created a Thinkware Cloud Account you are now ready to complete the dash cams registration by connecting to a Smartphones Hotspot. *You are unable to use a Vehicle Hotspot or Hotspot Device to complete the registration.
To connect via Hotspot on an iPhone, click here.
To connect via Hotspot on an Android Device, click here.