To see the Live View, Playback Videos, and Change the Dash Cams Settings, you have to connect your dashcam to the mobile app via Wi-Fi. To connect, you must be in your vehicle with the ignition running so that the Dash Cam is receiving full power. This app is compatible with the U1000, Q800PRO/QA100, and F800PRO Dash Cams.
Please note that app connection is not required for the basic recording functionality of the Dash Cam.
On your iPhone follow the instructions below to connect to the dashcam;
1) Download the correct app for your Dash Cam from the App Store. If you have the app installed on your mobile phone already, skip this step. If you are unsure of what App to use, Click Here.
The example images below are from the Thinkware Cloud App.
2) Open the app -> click ① Dashcam connection is required at the bottom on the screen -> Click ② Your Dash Cam Model (e.g. U1000)
3) Click ③ Connect on the 'Do you wish to connect via Wi-Fi?' section -> Press the ④ Wi-Fi button on your dashcam to activate Wi-Fi -> Click ⑤ Next
*Make sure that there is a Green Light Blinking on Wi-Fi before you click Next
4) Go to ⑥ iPhone Settings -> Wi-Fi -> click Wi-Fi network ⑦ 'Thinkware_xx' (e.g. Thinkware_68) -> Enter Password ⑧ '123456789' and click ⑨ Join
5) Confirm ⑩ 'Thinkware_xx' network-connected on iPhone setting -> go back to the app and now you're connected via Wi-Fi -> Dashcam will say "Connected to a smartphone"
*Make sure that ⑫ Solid Green Light on Wi-Fi
*6) *If you were connected via Wi-FI before, Open the app -> click ⑬ Not Connected -> Click ⑭ Connect via Wi-Fi -> Go to 3) step ③
*7) If the app still doesn't recognize the Wi-Fi connection even though the Wi-Fi connection is confirmed on your iPhone setting. Please follow the below steps (caused by the app running in the background)
Clicre for the Youtube video link for [IOS] How to Connect via Wi-Fi.