To use the cloud features such as Remote Live View, Impact Notification, and Impact Video Upload, you have to connect your dash cam to the internet with a Hotspot Connection.
1) Download the Thinkware Cloud App from the App Store. If you have the app installed on your mobile phone already, skip this step.
2) Before you go further, Go to Settings -> Personal Hotspot > Disabled and write down your Personal Hotspot Wi-Fi Password
3) Open the app -> click ① Dashcam connection is required at the bottom of the screen -> Click ② Your Dash Cam Model (e.g. U1000) -> Click ③ Connect on 'Do you wish to connect via Hotspot?'
4) Click ④ Yes, it is -> Press the ⑤Wi-Fi button on your dashcam to activate the Wi-Fi -> Click ⑥ Next
*Make sure that Green Light Blinking on Wi-Fi before you click Next
5) Go to ⑦ iPhone Settings -> Wi-Fi -> click Wi-Fi network ⑧ 'Thinkware_xx' (e.g. Thinkware_68) -> Enter Password ⑨ '123456789' and click ⑩ Join
6) Confirm ⑪ 'Thinkware_xx' is connected in the iPhone settings -> go back to the app -> Dash cam will say "Connected to a smartphone" with Solid Green Light on WiFI-> Put ⑫ Personal Hotspot Password that you wrote down earlier -> Click ⑬ Input Complete
7) The Dashcam will say "Disconnected from a smartphone. The device will find Wi-Fi Hotspot. Turn on your personal Hotspot" -> Go to ⑭ iPhone Settings -> Personal Hotspot -> Turn on your ⑮ Personal Hotspot *****Stay on this screen*******
*Make sure that Blue Light Blinking on Wi-Fi before
8) Wait until you see ⑯ Personal Hotspot Connection in the blue bar at the top on the phone screen -> Make sure that ⑰ Solid Blue Light on Wi-Fi -> Dash cam will say "Connected to the internet"
⑱ Once you hear "Connected to the Internet", return to the Thinkware Cloud App and confirm your account and Dashcam on Registration Complete screen ->⑲ Check on 3 Service Terms -> Click ⑳ Agreed to all -> Now you're connected via Hotspot -> Dash cam will say "Connected to a smartphone"
To reconnect your phone hotspot each time you are in the vehicle, simply turn on the Dash Cam with your ignition and ensure the Hotspot is enabled in your iPhone Settings. The Dash Cam is now automatically searching for your hotspot. Once you see the Blue Bar pop-up at the top of the screen or hear the Dash Cam announce "Connected to the Internet" open the Thinkware Cloud App and you are done!
Alternatively, follow the process below to reconnect!
* If the app still doesn't recognize the Hotspot connection even though the Hotspot Connection is seen (Blue Bar at the top on your iPhone, Solid Blue LED on Dash Cam), please close the Thinkware Cloud App from running in the background and reopen. It will then recognize you are connected.
If you are experiencing any issue connecting to the dash cam after following all of the above steps, please reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-844-865-9273 for further assistance.