Accessible on the U1000; Q800PRO; QA100 and F800PRO models.
To use the cloud features such as Remote Live View, Vehicle Location, Impact Notification, and Impact Video Upload, you have to connect your Dash Cam to the internet with a Hotspot Connection.
1) Download the Thinkware Cloud App from the Google Play store. If you have the app installed on your mobile phone already, skip this step.
2) Before you go further, Go to Settings -> Mobile Hotspot > Disabled and write down your Personal Hotspot Wi-Fi Password
**Ensure that your Mobile Hotspot has allowed all devices to connect.
3) Open the app -> click ① Dashcam connection is required (or "Not Connected) at the bottom of the screen -> Click ② Your Dash Cam Model (e.g. U1000) -> Click ③ Connect on 'Do you wish to connect via Hotspot?'
4) Click ④ Yes, it is -> Press the ⑤Wi-Fi button on your dashcam to activate the Wi-Fi -> Click ⑥ Next
**Make sure that Green Light is Blinking on Wi-Fi before you click Next
5) Go to ⑦ Phone Settings -> Wi-Fi -> click Wi-Fi network ⑧ 'Thinkware_xx' (e.g. Thinkware_F9) -> Enter Password ⑨ '123456789' and click ⑩ Connect -> Once connected, go back to the app and hit ⑪ Next
6) Confirm ⑫ 'Thinkware_xx' is connected in the Phone settings -> go back to the app -> Dashcam will say "Connected to a smartphone" with Solid Green Light on WiFI-> Put ⑬ Personal Hotspot SSID and password that you wrote down earlier -> Click ⑭ Input Complete
7) The Dashcam will say "Disconnected from a smartphone. The device will find Wi-Fi Hotspot. Turn on your personal Hotspot" -> Go to ⑮ Phone Settings -> Personal Hotspot -> Turn on your ⑯ Personal Hotspot
**Make sure that Blue Light is Blinking on Wi-Fi before you continue**
Once you are connected, Blue Light will be Solid, Dash Cam will say "connected to the Internet"
8) ⑰ Go back to the app and confirm your account and Dash cam on Registration Complete screen -> ⑱Check on 3 Service Terms -> Click ⑲ Agreed to all -> Now you're connected via Hotspot -> Dash cam will say "Connected to a smartphone"
*9) If you are connected via Wi-Fi, please follow the below steps -> go to step 7) step ⑮
*10) If the app still doesn't recognize the Hotspot connection even though the Hotspot connection is seen (Blue Bar) at the top of your Phone. Please follow the below steps (It is because the app was running background)
* If the app still doesn't recognize the Hotspot connection even though the Hotspot Connection is seen (Blue Bar at the top on your iPhone, Solid Blue LED on Dash Cam), please close the Thinkware Cloud App from running in the background and reopen. It will then recognize you are connected.
If you are experiencing any issue connecting to the Dash Cam after following all of the above steps, please reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-844-865-9273 for further assistance.
Click Here for the Youtube video link for [Android] How to Connect via Hotspot.