Click here for instructions if you are using a Windows computer.
Thinkware's Safety Camera Data is a database of registered Red Light and Speed Camera locations in the US or Canada. This data is uploaded to the GPS-enabled dashcam to provide audible alerts in real-time while driving.
|Dash Cams with built-in GPS|
|F750 / F770|
|F800 / F800PRO|
|Q1000 / Q800PRO / QA100 ELITE|
GPS Antenna can be added to non-included models.
Enabling Safety Cameras will allow the Dash Cam to give sound warnings regarding Speed Cameras and Red Light Cameras in your area.
1. Remove the MicroSD Card from the Dash Cam.
2. Insert the MicroSD into the included Transflash adapter or USB Reader.
3. Insert the Transflash adapter or USB Reader into your Mac Computer.
4. Select the ④ MicroSD Card from the left-side panel.
5. Click here to go to the downloads page.
6. Select your ⑥ dash cam series.
7. Select your ⑦ dash cam model.
8. Select the ⑧ Speed Cam Data tab.
9. Select Download.
10. Once the download is complete, select the MicroSD Card folder and open the ⑩ "driveinfo" folder.
11. Copy or move the downloaded ⑪ smartguidepoint.dx2 into the "driveinfo" folder.
*If the folder previously contained a smartguidepoint.dx2 file, please delete it before pasting the new version.
12. Ensure that ⑫ smartguidepoint.dx2 is in the driveinfo folder.
Lastly, safely remove the SD Card from the computer and insert it back into the Dash Cam.
The camera will normally power up and say "continuous recording will now start." There is no indication of this update.
To check if this has been successfully updated go to Dash Cam Info and note the Safety Camera Version.
You have successfully updated the Safety Camera Data!
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Safety Camera Data, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-844-865-9273.