Memory card formatting is the process of preparing the MicroSD Card for data storage. It cleans the SD Card by removing previously existing files on the card and creating a new file system.
Unlike erasing, formatting improves the overall performance of the SD Card. Due to the constant overwriting cycles with your Thinkware Dash Cam, we recommend formatting regularly to extend the lifespan of your MicroSD Card.
If you don't format the card regularly, a bad block may result in a corrupt file.
Formatting the MicroSD Card will erase all files.
1. Remove the MicroSD Card from the Dash Cam.
2. Insert the MicroSD into the included Transflash adapter or USB Reader.
3. Insert the Transflash adapter or USB Reader into your Mac Computer.
4. Open ① Finder
5. Select ② Applications, then search and open the ③ Utilities folder.
6. In Utilities, search and open ④ Disk Utility.
7. In Disk Utility, select the Dash Cams ⑤ MicroSD Card.
*Name should be the Dash Cam's model (i.e. U1000).
8. Select ⑥ Erase located on top of the page.
9. Select the corresponding ⑦ File System for your size of MicroSD Card.
|SD Card Size||File System|
|8GB / 16GB / 32GB||FAT32 / FAT|
|64GB / 128GB||ExFAT|
*Some Mac Computers do not offer FAT32. If this is the case, please use FAT.
10. Select ⑧ Erase
11. Once erasing has been completed, select ⑨ Done
12. You will be returned to the Disk Utility App. Select the ⑩ ⏏ Eject symbol, to safely remove the MicroSD Card from your Mac Computer.
You have successfully formatted your Thinkware MicroSD Card in your Mac Computer!
If you have any questions or concerns regarding formatting your MicroSD Card in your Mac Computer, please reach out to our team at email@example.com or 1-844-865-9273.
If you are encountering an error in which the Erase process has failed, unfortunately, the MicroSD Card cannot be formatted and has become corrupt. The MicroSD Card will need to be replaced.