Click here for instructions on how to Format SD Card in the Mobile App.
What is Formatting the Memory Card?
Memory card formatting is the process of preparing the MicroSD Card for data storage. It cleans the SD Card by removing previously existing files on the card and creating a new file system.
Unlike erasing, formatting improves the overall performance of the SD Card. Due to the constant overwriting cycles with your Thinkware Dash Cam, we recommend formatting regularly to extend the lifespan of your MicroSD Card.
If you don't format the card regularly, a bad block may result in a corrupt file.
How to Format the SD Card in a MacBook
1) Remove MicroSD Card from the Dash Cam. Insert the MicroSD into the adapter. Insert the adapter into the Macbook.
2) Once the adapter is plugged in, go to  Finder, Select  Applications on the left sidebar; Search for the  Utilities folder and open it
3) In Utilities, search for  Disk Utility and open it.
5) In Disk Utility, select  SD Card whose name should be the Dash Cam's model (i.e. U1000).
6) Select  Erase located on top of the page
7) Select  ExFAT for 64gb and higher
FAT32 for 32gb and lower
** In some Macs you may not be able to format it as FAT32. You may format it as FAT. When powering on the Dash Cam you will hear "memory card error." Simply reset the device and the Dash Cam will automatically fix the format to FAT32. You will hear "continuous recording will now start"
Click here for instructions on how to Reset your Dash Cam
8) Select  Erase
9) Once erasing is done, select  Done
10) Safely  Eject the SD Card
You have successfully formatted your Thinkware SD Card!