Are you experiencing Battery Drainage after installing your Thinkware Dash Cam?
If set up and wired correctly the Dash Cam will not cause battery drainage.
First, ensure that the Dash Cam is going into Parking Mode when you turn off the ignition.
How to check if the dashcam is in Parking Mode;
The main indication is that the Dash Cam will announce "Parking Recording will now start".
If the Dash Cam is muted you will not hear this message.
If you do not hear this message try pressing the WIFI or Microphone Button on the camera itself. If the device responds audibly, the camera is not in parking mode.
What to do if the device is not going into Parking Mode?
For further information on wiring issues, click here.
My Dash Cam is entering Parking Mode correctly;
If the Dash Cam is entering Parking Mode correctly, first ensure you have enabled the Battery Protection Settings.
If the Battery Protection Settings are disabled the dash cam will not power off is the battery is low.
My Dash Cams Battery Protection Settings are already enabled;
Please follow the steps below to troubleshoot the drainage of the battery of your vehicle.
1. Please reset the dashcam by holding down the format + rec buttons until the device beeps 5 times.
2. Connect to the wifi of the dashcam and make sure parking mode is enabled and the voltage cut off is set to 12v.
3. Please save your settings, then disconnect from the app.
4. Turn the ignition of the vehicle is off, and listen to hear if the dashcam says "Parking recording will now start"
5. If the dashcam goes into parking mode, let it record in parking mode until all the lights turn off on the dashcam (Reaches voltage cut off and powers down).
6. Once the dashcam reaches the voltage cut off and powers down, turn on the vehicle and connect to check the last recorded video in parking mode. If the Voltage level in the bottom left corner of the video reflects the set voltage cut off, then the dashcam is powering off correctly and cannot be draining the battery of the vehicle.
If the voltage level is far away from the set cut off level, please let us know by contacting our Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not hear the message "Parking recording will now start" then the hardwiring cable will need to be installed again using a different accessory fuse (red cable).
To confirm that the hardwiring cable is set up correctly please make sure the cables are set up as listed below.
Red Cable- Accessory Fuse (Fuse that is only on when the vehicle is on).
Yellow Cable- Constant Fuse (Fuse that is on all of the time).
If you are still having any issues please contact our support team.