Cannot Connect to a Hotspot Device
If you are hearing the message "could not find a WiFi hotspot" when attempting to connect your Thinkware Dashcam to a hotspot device, you may need to re-enter your hotspot information or change a few settings.
Try the following troubleshooting steps to connect your Thinkware Dash Cam to a hotspot device.
1) Connect to the Dash Cam and check that you have the Network Function setting enabled. For information on the Network Function Setting, click here.
2) Change your Hotspot Device's Password.
In many instances, the password for your hotspot device may be a long sequence of numbers for example: "qyk6543720". To decrease the room for human error when inputting the numbers into the Thinkware Cloud app, it is best to shorten the password and simplify it. For example: "123456789"
3) Change the Hotspot Device's SSID.
Try renaming the hotspot device by changing the SSID. This is mostly the same procedure as changing the password, except doing this will change the name of the hotspot device.
4) Check the WiFi Frequency of the Hotspot Device to ensure this matches the camera.
This will be either 2.4ghz or 5.0ghz. Please note that the F800PRO and Q800PRO have the ability to connect to a 2.4ghz WiFi Frequency only. The U1000 can be connected to either, however, ensure this has been selected in the System Settings.
5) Ensure that you have previously connected with a Smartphone's Hotspot to complete the registration. The Hotspot Device must be added in the Connection Settings Section, when connected via Hotspot.
Still not connecting?
If none of these troubleshooting steps yield any results, please contact our support team.