How to Install the M1 Dash Cam
When installed correctly the M1 will power on and off with the ignition. Please note that we strongly recommend professional installation of the Thinkware M1 Motorsports Cam. You are welcome to attempt the installation yourself, however, Thinkware and its affiliates will not be held liable for any product or vehicle damages, or personal injuries sustained by you or others during the installation.
The M1 can only be installed on vehicles with a Fuse Box.
Items you will need;
1. Thinkware M1 Camera
2. Circuit Tester or Multimeter
3. Fuse Pullers or Pliers
4. Tools needed for removing fairings and body panels
5. Fuse Taps and Extra Fuses
1. Remove the M1 from packaging and find space to store the main unit. (e.g; under the seat)
2. Turn off the motorcycle, and ground the circuit tester. Locate an ACC Fuse.
*Ensure to not use fuses for the critical components of the vehicle.
3. After you have located the ACC fuse, turn on the ignition, and test again to ensure this has power only when the vehicle is on.
4. Use either the Fuse Taps or wrap the wire around the metal contacts of the fuse, then reinsert the Fuse back into the Fuse Box.
5. Locate a non-coated metal contact for the ground wire.
6. Before Mounting the Front and Rear Cameras, turn on the ignition and ensure the device is working correctly.
When looking at the Remote Module, the LED should be on.
*Ensure both the Front and Rear cams are connected or else the system will not power on.
7. Next Mount the Front and Rear Camera's ensuring you have enough cable route the cables.
8. Mount the Remote Control Module somewhere easily accessible.
9. Hide all the wires, determining the best route for the cables on your bike model.