Increase the duration of the Parking Surveillance mode of your THINKWARE Dash Cam with the iVolt Mini External Battery.
Thinkware Dash Cams offer a few different methods by which the device is powered.
All Thinkware Dash Cams come standard with a built-in voltmeter and battery protection settings to ensure you will not return to your vehicle with a dead battery. These Voltage Settings can be utilized with the Hardwiring Kit or OBD-II Harness to protect your battery when using parking mode.
However, If you wish to record an extended amount of Parking Footage, or if you have a Luxury Vehicle or Small Vehicle Battery, the Thinkware iVolt Mini Battery Pack may be the right choice for you.
Extended Parking Mode
When Hardwired the Dash Cam will record in Parking Mode for approximately 8 hours (depending on the vehicle’s battery level) before powering down to save power. With the iVolt, your 1 Channel Dash Cam can run for 20 hours, and 2 Channel for 16 hours before needing to recharge the battery pack.
Safe for Luxury Vehicles
If you own a Luxury Vehicle such as a BMW, battery drainage not only means replacing the vehicle’s battery but it can also require the dealership to reset the vehicle’s electronics, which can turn into an extremely expensive fix.
By using a Dash Cam Battery Pack, you will still be able to use our Advanced Parking Mode risk-free.
Avoid Wear and Tear
With a Hardwired Dash Cam, the constant discharge on the battery over a long period of time can cause wear and tear. The iVolt Mini Battery Pack only draws power to charge when you are driving the vehicle, which prevents damage to the vehicle’s battery over time. With the ignition off, the Dash Cam relies solely on the Battery Pack for power, eliminating the need to draw power from the vehicle’s battery completely.
General Installation Schematic for Hardwire
General Installation Schematic for 12V Car Charger Input
The iVolt Mini Battery Pack by default is a hardwired product. This means that the battery pack itself will be attached to the Fuse Box directly, to charge while driving.
*Hardwiring Cable is a required accessory to install the iVolt Mini External Battery. Sold separately.
*12V Car Charger variation available. Sold separately.
Connecting the Input Cable to the Fuse Box
1. With the Battery Pack power switch in the OFF position, plug in the Input Cable to Battery Pack.
2. Next, open the vehicle’s interior fuse box and locate and remove the fuse for the accessory power supply. 20A Fuse or larger required.
*The Accessory Power (ACC) supplies power when the vehicle is on only.
3. Insert the input cable into the sleeve at the end of the fuse tap, and then secure it by squeezing on the sleeve using appropriate tools, such as pliers.
4. Install the add-a-fuse to a Fuse that is 20A or larger into the accessory power (ACC) contacts in the fuse box.
5. Secure the Black Cable (Ground) connection to the body or another metal surface of the vehicle.
*If the vehicle’s bolt is coated, The power may not be supplied correctly due to the coating.
Configuring the Output Cable
6. The Output Cable will have 3 wire ends, Black (GND), B+ (Yellow), and ACC (Red). Splice and connect the 3 ends of the Output Cable to the corresponding colours on the Thinkware Hardwiring Cable. Use Electrical Tape to secure.
7. Secure the Battery Pack either under the driver/passenger seat, glove box or trunk with the velcro tape provided.
8. Connect the Power Cable to the dashcam itself and route as needed.
9. Switch the Battery Pack to the “HIGH” setting, and turn on the vehicle’s ignition.
Check the indicators on the Battery Pack. Charging begins when the “CHARGE” indicator flashes red for 10 seconds and remains solid.
The Dash Cam will now power on in Continuous Mode.
10. Lastly, turn off the ignition and ensure the dashcam switches to Parking Surveillance Mode.
*Ensure to disable Battery Protection in the Dash Cams Record Settings.
Your iVolt Battery Pack is now installed!
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the installation or use of the iVolt Battery Pack, please reach out to our team at email@example.com or 1-844-865-9273.