The Thinkware Connected App gives you access to CONNECTED features like receiving impact notifications or monitoring remotely what’s happening around your vehicle via your smartphone on the Q1000 Dash Cam.
*Process is optional and not required for the simple functionality of your Dash Cam. These steps will allow you to access Connected features.
The Q1000 Dash Cam must first be connected via Wi-Fi to the Thinkware Dash Cam Link App to connect to the Hotspot Device for Connected Features.
To begin by connecting via Wi-Fi please click HERE.
*The smartphone used to set up the Internet connection on the dash cam cannot also be used as a mobile hotspot for the dash cam. A different hotspot device/smartphone is required.
1. While connected via Wi-Fi to the Thinkware Dash Cam Link App, select the ⸬ symbol to open the More menu.
2. Select "② Network Service".
3. Select "③ Not Connected"
4. Select the desired Hotspot Device from the list of available networks. If not shown select ④ ➕.
5. Enter the ⑤ Hotspot Device's SSID and Password in the fields, then select "⑥ Connect" at the bottom of the screen.
The Dash Cam will search and connect to the inputted Hotspot Device.
6. You should see the Hotspot Device listed under "⑦ Current Network" with the status Connected.
The Q1000 is now connected to the internet for Connected Features.
The Dash Cams Connection LED will begin to blink orange.
We will now register the dashcam to complete the setup process.
1. Upon opening the Thinkware Connected app, allow permissions for your location and storage, as shown below.
2. Login or create your Thinkware Connected account. You will then be asked to input your contact information and enable push notifications.
3. Once logged in, select "① Register dash cam"
4. Select "② Register with barcode". Scan the barcode on the bottom of your dash cam.
5. The Q1000 will verbally announce "USIM registration has been requested. Press the REC button to proceed".
Press the REC button on the Q1000 once.
6. The dash cam will verbally announce "Connected to the internet" and the LED will turn into a solid orange light.
You have successfully registered the Q1000 Dash Cam!
If you have questions or concerns regarding the Q1000 registration, please reach out to our team at email@example.com or 1-844-865-9273.
1. To set up the Emergency Messages function, select the ⚙ settings menu in the top right.
2. Enable the "Send emergency notifications" setting.
3. Select "Register your contact information"
Enter a name, and phone number (with Country Code), then select "Agree" and click on "Register".
4. The saved number will receive a text message asking for their consent to receive emergency and impact notifications.
To give permission, they will have to click on the link provided in the message and click on "Agree" and "Confirm".
Once permission is provided, you will be able to see all registered phone numbers under "Send Emergency Notifications".
You have successfully registered the contact for Emergency Messages!
If you experience any issues with the connection or registration of the Q1000 Dash Cam, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-844-865-9273.